Charitable Fund Management Fee Schedule
The Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, Inc. (“The Foundation”) offers a charitable fund fee structure that is both cost-effective and supports our exemplary services to donors and our philanthropic impact in the communities that comprise the Diocese of Raleigh.
The fee also helps cover costs associated with a range of services including: grantmaking, gift and fund management, investment oversight, annual audit and tax filings and due diligence review of all grantees. For each fund, The Foundation provides donors with quarterly reports of fund income, expenses and grantmaking. The Foundation Board of Directors and staff take pride in providing personalized guidance through educating donors and connecting them to their favorite diocesan ministries.
Additionally, The Foundation adheres to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) principles for investing. The USCCB investment policies cover the following areas: protecting human life; promoting human dignity; reducing arms production; pursuing economic justice; protecting the environment and encouraging corporate responsibility.
One hundred percent of every restricted gift goes to the fund of the donor’s choice. Each fund pays a small and market-competitive fee which is charged to the fund. The following describes The Foundation’s fee schedule.
Fees charged by The Foundation for operations are passed on to the Fund
- Current fee is 1% of the Fund Balance of all endowment funds (100 basis points)
Fees charged by the Investment Advisor are passed on to the fund.
- Current fee is .325 % (32.5 basis points)
Fees charged by the Custodian are passed on to the fund.
- Current fee is .0012 % (.12 basis points)
Suggested Fund Minimums
Donors are encouraged to use the following recommended minimum fund balance guidelines to establish their choice of charitable fund. There are no mandatory minimum amounts for fund balances.
- An Endowment enables the donor to restrict financial aid to a specific diocesan parish, school, ministry or beneficiary demographic in the name of their family or similar memorial. The Foundation supports these funds through investment management, expertise and governance as well as planned giving and complex gift expertise.
- Suggested Minimum balance of $50,000
- A Scholarship Fund enables the donor to restrict financial aid to a specific diocesan-affiliated school or student demographic in the name of their family or similar memorial title. The fund is used for the purpose of disbursing financially-need based scholarships to qualified elementary or secondary school student applicants unless noted differently by the donor.
- Suggested minimum balance of $25,000
Donor Advised Fund
- A Donor Advised Fund enables the donor to deposit a pool of funds with The Foundation and advise on the disbursement of gifts from the fund to multiple Diocese of Raleigh ministries over an extended period of time. The Foundation serves as a knowledgeable resource for ministry needs, assists with complex gifts, and provides timely reporting to enhance charitable giving.
- Suggested minimum balance of $10,000
Donor Designated (non-advised) Fund
- A Donor Designated (Non-Advised) Fund enables the donor to deposit a pool of funds with The Foundation and direct gifts to a specified number of Diocese of Raleigh ministries over a period of time. Unlike a Donor Advised Fund, Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) may be used to fund a Donor Designated Fund.
- Suggested minimum balance of $2,000
Field of Interest Funds
- Funds can be established to focus on an area of interest or a broad range of ministry needs of the Diocese of Raleigh. These funds allow The Foundation to make grants in your name to effective ministries that are advancing change in our community.
- Suggested minimum balance of $10,000
The Foundation will assess administrative, investment and custodial fees against the Fund in accordance with The Foundation’s published fee schedule.